Opened c.1810, this corn mill was originally owned by the Bell family. Water was diverted from the Ahascragh River and the mill stream was used to power the mill wheel in order to grind corn.
It ceased milling in the 1950’s but played an important role in the agricultural and commercial life of the local area while it was active. Although extended unsympathetically in the 1950’s and 1980’s the central mill building retains its original character and is of substantial size and simple detailing.
There are currently no reviews submitted.