BOHERMORE VICTORIAN CEMETERY
Opened in 1880, Bohermore graveyard or the ‘new cemetery’ contains two mortuary chapels, the western chapel reserved for Catholic use and the eastern one for Protestant use.
There is a Victorian style to grave memorials throughout the cemetery while large family vaults and crypts were also established. Church of England congregations tended to avoid crosses which were seen as too Catholic and Classical symbols like urns and columns were popular.
Some of the more interesting people commemorated by grave memorials in Bohermore cemetery include Lady Augusta Gregory, Lord Haw Haw – William Joyce and Pádraic Ó Conaire.
There are currently no reviews submitted.