MARKET SQUARE CROSS
The Ardrahan Market Cross was erected in 1860. This Cross is a rare example of a well executed cut limestone market cross which serves as a local landmark in the centre of Ardrahan.
Unusually, it lacks any explanatory inscription. Its form may perhaps be in imitation of the memorial or funerary monuments known as leachts erected at several locations in the county around the year 1700, and of similar general form.
There are currently no reviews submitted.