CREEVAGHBAUN HOLY WELL
The Creevaghbaun holy well is dedicated to St. Bridget which is believed to date back to 1710 from some hard to decipher text under a carved effigy of a woman, possibly St. Bridget, on the inner fact of the wall opposite the well entrance.
The well is enclosed by a mortared stone wall that has an internal bench and a south facing entrance. The well is surrounded by a 2 metre high circular wall and is situated around 10 metres away from an alleged sweathouse.
The well is full of water weed and areas of water.
There are currently no reviews submitted.