ROSS DEMESNE KILN
This relatively small lime kiln, built c.1770, is important for its association with Ross House. The kiln has an excellent location, utilising a small hillock to form a bank to the rear and the flue orientated towards the lake to take advantage of the unobstructed winds.
The kiln was used to provide lime for mortar and fertiliser which was used in Ross House and the surrounding demesne. The kiln is in relatively good condition and maintained by the current owners.
There are currently no reviews submitted.