ST. CLERAN'S MANOR HOUSE
Described by its former owner, film director John Huston, as “one of the most beautiful houses in all of Ireland”, St. Clerans manor house is a truly magical place. Built by the Burke family in the 18th century, the country house still retains its form, character and much of its historic fabric.
The house was built in two phases, with the rear block constructed in 1784 when the ancestral castle nearby was abandoned. The later block to the east, designed by Sir Richard Morrison, was added in 1807 and now forms the front façade of the house.
Steeped in history, the house was once home to the famous film director John Huston, among others. St Cleran’s is now in private ownership and not normally open to the public.
There are currently no reviews submitted.