BALLYGLUNIN RAILWAY STATION
Ballyglunin railway station is a disused railway station close to the village of Ballyglunin. Opened in 1860 as part of the Waterford, Limerick and Western Railway route between Limerick and Sligo, the stations passenger train service later ceased in 1976 as part of the rationalisation of the rail network by Córas Iompair Éireann.
The station has a claim to fame when it was used during the filming of the film ‘The Quiet Man’ starring John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara in 1952.
There are currently no reviews submitted.