Pallas Castle is a five storey 16th century tower house which was built by the De Burgo (Burke) family. Records show that the castle was held by Jonyck Fitzthomas Burke in 1574, however it was later passed on to the Nugent family, Lords of Westmeath during the Cromwellian times in 1649.
The castle remains in good condition, surrounded by a well-preserved bawn wall which is often very rare to find. There are many other architectural features to be seen throughout.
There are currently no reviews submitted.