Ffrench Castle was a 17th century four storey tower house believed to have been built by the O’Kelly family.
The castle passed hands to the Ffrench family where it is recorded the family held the castle in 1683. In fact, there is a dated plaque of 1683 with the Ffrench family arms in the south wall. The castle was renamed to the Ffrench Castle as a result.
Although uninhabited and laying in ruins features such as a machicolation over the east facing entrance can still be seen.
There are currently no reviews submitted.