Cong Food Village Festival 2023
The Cong Food Village Festival is a yearly event that celebrates the rich culinary heritage and diversity of Cong, a picturesque village in County Mayo, Ireland. The festival showcases the best of local food producers, chefs, restaurants, pubs and cafes, as well as offering a variety of activities, workshops, demonstrations and entertainment for all ages and tastes.
The next edition of the festival will take place from 8th-9th July, 2023, and promises to be bigger and better than ever. Here are some of the highlights you can expect to enjoy:
- A food market featuring over 40 stalls of artisan food and drink from Cong and the surrounding areas. You can sample and buy everything from cheese, bread, honey, jams, chocolates, cakes, pies, meats, seafood, beers, wines and more.
- A cookery school where you can learn new skills and recipes from some of the top chefs in the region. You can choose from a range of classes covering topics such as baking, fermentation, foraging, vegan cooking, seafood, game, chocolate making and more.
- A food trail where you can explore the village and its surroundings while tasting delicious dishes from different venues. You can follow a map or join a guided tour that will take you to some of the hidden gems and historical sites of Cong.
- A gala dinner where you can enjoy a five-course meal prepared by a team of renowned chefs using the finest local ingredients. The dinner will be held at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, a stunning venue overlooking Lough Corrib.
- A family fun day where you can bring your kids and enjoy a range of activities such as face painting, balloon modelling, storytelling, puppet shows, magic shows, games and more. There will also be a petting zoo with farm animals and a pony ride.
- A live music stage where you can listen to some of the best local bands and musicians playing a variety of genres from folk to rock to jazz. There will also be a DJ set and a silent disco to keep you dancing until late.
The Cong Food Village Festival is more than just a food event. It’s a celebration of community, culture and creativity. It’s a chance to discover new flavours, meet new people and have fun. It’s an experience you don’t want to miss.
See brochure of events here: Booklet-2023.pdf (congfoodvillage.com)
To book your tickets or find out more information, visit the festival website or follow Cong Food Village on Facebook.